WA Small Business Lockdown Assistance Round 2
On 29 June 2021 to 6 July 2021 WA entered into a lockdown and interim restrictions to stop the spread of COVID.
As a result of the lockdown some businesses were forced to close.
To help small businesses get through the lockdown, the WA government has announced another round of Small Business Lockdown Assistance Grant whereby it provides a $3,000 cash to an eligible business across Perth, Peel and regional WA.
An eligible business should satisfy ALL of the following criteria:
- Be located within Western Australia.
- Have an annual turnover of $75,000 or more and be registered for GST.
- Have a valid and active ABN (Australian Business Number).
- Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $4 million in the 2019-20 financial year.
- Be able to provide evidence that the primary business activity fits into one of the industry activities listed below (based on the applicants ABN registration and ANZSIC classification code), for Perth, Peel and Rottnest:
Cafes and restaurants
Pubs, taverns and bars
Hairdressing and beauty services
Specialised food retailing
Scenic and sightseeing transport
Sport and Recreation
Amusement parks and centres
Health and fitness centres and gyms
Outdoor recreational activities
Sport and physical recreation
Creative and Performing Arts
Creative artists, musicians, writers and performers
Performing arts operations
Performing arts venues
Goods and equipment rental
- Have suffered a financial loss as a direct result of the lockdown period, such as the loss of perishable goods or incurred costs associated with cancelled bookings, OR
Experienced at least a 30 per cent reduction (compared to prior week) in turnover due to restricted trading conditions.
Businesses must be able to provide evidence of this financial loss or reduction in turnover if requested and retain these records for 12 months from the date the grant was approved. Applications will be subject to audit.
- Agree to the program’s Terms and Conditions.
When do applications close?
The closing date for this grant program is 11:59pm Tuesday 31 August 2021.
What information will I need to complete with my application?
You’ll be asked:
To provide the ABN for the business
link to your business website (and main social media page) if you have one.
A scanned copy of a bank statement.
Where do I start?